It was Monday the 12th and I was coaching my soccer team when I felt my first real contraction. I went home early and started timing them at 6pm. At around 12:30am I went to the hospital cause I thought I was going to die. They told me I was a 2, but in full on labor. I couldn't believe I was only a 2. I'm a total wuss. They gave me a morphine shot in my leg and sent me home. I glad I went to the hospital just for the shot. It took the edge off and I was able to breath through my contractions. At 5:30am my shot wore off and then I thought I was really going to die. So we headed to the hospital again. This time I was so happy when they said I was a 6. I got my epidural at 6:30am and it was smooth sailing from there. I was able to sleep until I started pushing at 12:15pm. My first push you could see his head, and 30 minutes later he was out of there. It was also a blessing I didn't tear at all either. That moment when he first came out was a moment I will never forget. I love my little Kade more than I could ever realize.

2 comments:
Congratulations!! That is so awesome and how nice that we have modern medicine so you don't have to be in excruciating pain.
I still can't believe that a little person comes out. It is so amazing!
P.S. I love the name Kade.
Wow, what a beautiful baby. No bruises, no cone head, no stress marks. I'm so glad he's here and I can't wait to see him.
Post a Comment