So this baby was breech since our ultrasound at 20 weeks. I tried all the tricks....laying upside down, putting an ice pack on my stomach, putting something really warm down there. Nothing seemed to get this baby to turn around. So at 38 weeks we (as in me and midwife) discussed doing an inversion and if that didn't work than doing a C-section. I REALLY REALLY didn't want a C-section. Well I decided on Nov 6th to so the inversion, which was 12 days early from my due date of Nov 18. So we went in at 6:15am (freakin early) they hooked me all up with IV's and gave me my epidural. I was either having this baby vaginally or if the inversion didn't work I was going in for a c-section right than and there. Well the sweetest doctor came in and worked his magic and flipped the baby. It took about 3 min for him to flip the baby. It was awesome. I didn't feel a thing. About a hour later they started me on potossin and about 2 hours after that they broke my water. About 4 hours after that is when I finally was a 10. I got nausea a couple times cause I hadn't had anything to eat or drink since 8pm the previous day (due to the c-section possibility) so I threw up twice while pushing. It took 30 min of pushing and he was out at 4pm. He weighed 7.9lbs which I was totally shocked by since he was 12 days early and he weighed more than Kade did. Also was 20 inches long.
 |
| Nov 6th. 12 days early. I was happy to be done so soon. |
 |
| I did like knowing when I was going in. I actually look nice in this picture |
 |
| I love this moment even though I look horrible. |
3 comments:
"Birth" days really are the best days. Love those sweet moments, and you!
ohhhh my HECK!!! CONGRATS!!!!! Sooo glad everything went so well! YAY for you guys, he's perfect! I'm glad I checked out your blog, I thought it was a C-section and it was GREAT to hear all went well! YAY for your cute cute fam!!!! I'll give ya a call soon for more deets! XOXOXO
Congrats! I love the name and he is a doll! He looks just like Kade did as a newborn! Congrats to your beautiful little family!
Post a Comment