Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Opher Hike

This Sat. we hiked up the Kyle's grandma's cabin in Opher. In was built it 1930. This cabin is not your luxury cabin to sleep in. I consider it more of a historic site for the Christoffersons'. We had a great time though. On the way back from the hike, Kyle told me to set the pace...so I did. I stopped for about 5 min and Clint was the only person to catch up to me so we decided to forge on. Well about the last 15 min of hiking...we could see the truck on the mountain side. After that we somehow got off the trail and became LOST!!! As we were hiking through stinging metal and bushes trying to find the trail I thought to myself......"if I couldn't see the truck right now, didn't have a backback full of snacks and water and didn't have 5 other adults coming through the trail I would have been really scared." We did find the trail and made it back to camp safe and sound. Clint did suffer some bad sctraches and stinging metal.
That is Clint on the porch of the cabin

This is the stove where delicious meals were once cooked
A kitchen table full of nails and food
A window to look out and see the beautiful scenery
Jeana, Brion, Me, Kyle
Logan, Landon
We are about to begin hiking to the cabin

A beautiful view while on the trail


While driving up, there were butterflies everywhere. I captured this shot of them in their natural habitat

10 comments:

Alyssa/Jo said...

Ashley!!! I found your blog through Alyssa McEwen - yay! Now we can keep updated on each other! The hike looked like quite an adventure!

Anonymous said...

OK...this blog is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I love the pictures! Looks like you two are happy as can be. Never a dull moment...that is for shizzle. I'll be back soon to check it out!

love-Ali

Chris & Carolyn said...

that is hands down the coolest cabin ever! you guys should move in to it :) you are looking as beautiful as always!!!!

ShaRee said...

Cool pic of the butterfly! I really think I've become a converted Ute, although I don't root/route (however you spell that! haha) for BYU to lose like Scotty! :)

Jeana said...

i haven't been up there forever, it is beautiful. and lucky you that kyle got his deer. clint is totally stalling so that he can keep going!

Cami said...

Nice shot of the butterflies, you are like a pro photographer!

BJ and Sherrie Benson said...

You guys look like you're having tons of fun! You have great outdoor pics!

adam said...

Hi!

Jeana said...

hey ash i would love to play outdoor soccer. but i won't be able to until spring after the little man is born. who are you playing with?

Ali VanLeeuwen said...

Hey I didn't know you were a blogger! How great! Looks like you are having fun. It was really good to see you the other week and your new house! Lets plan one more fire before the weather gets too cold! I miss your faces and your good hugs Ash!